Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thoughts from Rev. David Killian


Our group of Clergy leaders for the Seminar to Israel assembled at Logan Airport on July 26 at 12 noon for the shuttle flight to LaGuardia Airport in New York. We took a bus to Kennedy Airport and checked in for El Al Flight 002. Before boarding the plane we gathered together for the traveler's prayer. Our section of the plane was full of Israeli youth returning home after a summer camp experience in Pennsylvania. Their teenage joy and exuberance put me in a happy mood. As night fell on our 10 hour flight, a full moon illuminated our progress eastward. I slept a couple of hours before we landed at Ben-Gurion Airport near Tel Aviv at noon on July 27. After clearing customs we paused to pray for God's blessing on our interfaith pilgrimage and began our journey to the north of Israel. We toured Caesarea, the ancient port city on the Mediterranean, which has been expertly excavated and where the theater has been rebuilt.

Our guide read passages from Scripture and explained Peter's outreach to the Gentiles and Paul's imprisonment in Caesarea. We then traveled to Haifa where we visited the Baha'i gardens and shrine. We were welcomed by LEAD Haifa and leaders of the Boston-Haifa partnership. We had a delicious dinner and stimulating conversation overlooking Haifa Bay.

1 comment:

  1. I do not remember very many things from the inside out. I do not remember what it felt like to touch things, or how bathwater traveled over my skin. I did not like to be touched, but it was a strange dislike. I did not like to be touched because I craved it too much. I wanted to be held very tight so I would not break. Even now, when people lean down to touch me, or hug me, or put a hand on my shoulder, I hold my breath. I turn my face. I want to cry. Flights to Karachi
    Cheap Flights to Karachi
    Cheap Air Tickets to Karachi

    ReplyDelete